News & Events
Recent Blog Posts
- October 8th: Orlando 2016 Symposium is happening as planned!!
- September 8th: A Safe and Together Model “Elevator Speech”
- July 20th: Is “Risk of Harm” Jargon That Obscures More Than It Helps?
- July 5th: A Domestic Violence-Informed Warning About Strengths-Based Child Welfare Work with Perpetrators
- April 27th: Family Team Meetings, Perpetrator Pattern-Based Approach and the Safe and Together™ Model
The Safe and Together Institute
Over the last decade, we’ve touched more lives in more states and countries than I could have imagined ten years ago. Moving forward into our second decade, my team and I are committed to doing everything we can to further our vision of helping families by transforming child welfare and child serving systems’ domestic violence practice. To better achieve this goal and the global nature of our work, we are transforming our identity from “David Mandel & Associates” to the “Safe and Together Institute.” The mission of the Safe and Together Institute is to create, nurture and sustain a global network of domestic violence-informed child welfare professionals, communities and systems. Our new tagline, designed to reflect our organization, is “ Concrete strategies. Meaningful tools. Real change.” Read More