News & Events
November 10, 2016
David Mandel appointed to Victorian Expert Advisory Committee on Perpetrator InterventionsRead More »
October 28, 2016
David Mandel to present at Australian National Working with Men to Tackle Family Violence ConferenceRead More »
August 1, 2016
Iowa Statewide Safe and Together Efforts Shift Focus to the PerpetratorRead More »
Recent Blog Posts
- January 25th: GUEST BLOG:“Setting the Heather on Fire:” Using the Safe and Together Model’s Critical Components to Advance Practice in the West of Scotland
- November 16th: FACULTY BLOG: “What are you afraid of?” Owning our fears as a step toward partnering with adult survivors
- October 8th: Orlando 2016 Symposium is happening as planned!!
- September 8th: A Safe and Together Model “Elevator Speech”
- July 20th: Is “Risk of Harm” Jargon That Obscures More Than It Helps?
The Safe and Together Institute
Over the last decade, we’ve touched more lives in more states and countries than I could have imagined ten years ago. Moving forward into our second decade, my team and I are committed to doing everything we can to further our vision of helping families by transforming child welfare and child serving systems’ domestic violence practice. To better achieve this goal and the global nature of our work, we are transforming our identity from “David Mandel & Associates” to the “Safe and Together Institute.” The mission of the Safe and Together Institute is to create, nurture and sustain a global network of domestic violence-informed child welfare professionals, communities and systems. Our new tagline, designed to reflect our organization, is “ Concrete strategies. Meaningful tools. Real change.” Read More