Safe and Together Model Core Training: Australia September 2017
Domestic violence-informed practice requires skills in assessment, interviewing, documentation and case planning. The Core Practice Training, the Safe and Together Model’s foundational skills training, has been significantly redesigned and updated. While focused on child welfare, this course is for anyone who works with children and families.
Cost: $555AUD (includes lunch and tea) AT CAPACITY- WAITING LIST ONLY
Spaces: Limited to 40 people on a first come, first serve basis. We are currently on a waiting list. Please email Jenny Hartmann to be put on this list.Register Now!
Accommodations: If you need accommodations, we have set up a room block at the Jasper Hotel with a guaranteed nightly rate of $159AUD- just minutes away from the University of Melbourne – for Sunday through Thursday nights. If you require lodging, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details: your name and mobile phone number; the nights for which you request overnight accommodations; and any special needs or requests related to your accommodations (e.g., accessible room). The Safe & Together Institute will then invoice you the cost of your lodgings.*
Please reserve your lodging as soon as possible as room availability is limited.
- Each day organized around a specific set of skills: assessment, interviewing, documentation and case planning
- More experiential learning using practice tools and exercises
- Videos demonstrating interviewing with perpetrators, partnering with survivors and engaging children
- Greater emphasis on complex, multi-issue cases
- Greater emphasis on intersectionality
What’s the same?
- 22 educational hours
- Content focused on the Safe and Together Model’s Practice Principles, Critical Components and Practice Tools
- Delivered by Certified Safe and Together Trainers
- A training package that includes a pre and post knowledge test, and a training evaluation.
- Core Practice Training remains a prerequisite to becoming a Certified Trainer, a Safe and Together Model Specialist, and other advanced trainings.
- Target Audience: Child welfare, domestic violence advocates, mental health professionals and others who work with families impacted by domestic violence.
Becoming a Certified Safe and Together Trainer
The Core Practice Training stands on its own as the foundation for domestic violence-informed practice. It is also a required step for becoming a Safe and Together Model trainer. The Safe and Together Institute is planning a Certification Training for November 2017 in Australia. For more information about the steps and requirements for this process click here.Register Now!
For more information or questions contact: