Safe & Together
Core Practice Training Open-Enrollment
The Safe and Together Model’s foundational skills training, has been significantly redesigned and updated based on feedback from participants and sites around the globe. The Core Practice Training has been delivered to child welfare, domestic violence advocates, batterer intervention professionals, police and family service providers nationally internationally for more than five years as a foundation to supporting Domestic Violence-Informed practices and systems change. Join the first open-enrollment Core Practice Training in San Antonio BEFORE the Safe and Together Symposium!
Facilitated by David Mandel, founder of the Safe and Together Institute, this 3-day intensive training will be held on Monday – Wednesday from 8:00am – 5:00pm at the St. Anthony Hotel, with breakfast and lunch provided. Space is limited!
Based on feedback from participants and sites around the globe, we have made changes designed to improve the experience for the learners and to improve the effectiveness of the training.
- Skills-based training goals: assessment, interviewing, documentation and case planning
- More experiential learning using practice tools and exercises
- Videos demonstrating interviewing with perpetrators, partnering with survivors and engaging children
- Greater emphasis on complex, multi-issue cases
- Greater emphasis on intersectionality
- Certificate of 22 training hours (NASW CECs pending)
What’s the same?
- 22 educational hours
- Content focused on the Safe and Together Model’s Practice Principles, Critical Components and Practice Tools
- Delivered by Certified Safe and Together Trainers
- A training package that includes a pre and post knowledge test, and a training evaluation.
- Core Practice Training remains a prerequisite to becoming a Certified Trainer, a Safe and Together Model Specialist, and other advanced trainings.
- Target Audience: Child welfare, domestic violence advocates, mental health professionals and others who work with families impacted by domestic violence.
- Maximum Group Size: 40